Saturday, May 18, 2013

Children are small only for a minute.....


I saw this on Facebook earlier and it made me think of my own children. Satan throws a lot of doubt darts as I like to call them at me and my family, especially at me. I doubt sometimes whether I am doing any good at homeschooling the children, I doubt sometimes that I am not providing the things they need in life and I doubt that I am doing a very good job at being a good parent. Then I think back on the other day....
Connor and I were sitting in my room and he wanted to be a curious little boy and look through my jewelry. He would ask me where I got this and where I got that and I would tell him and his eyes would light up with wide eye curiosity. I have a pair of ,pearl earrings that my sister Alisha brought me back from her trip to china and they are in a little pink bag. Connor saw the bag and said"Momma, I wish you would put these earrings on, you look really pretty with these on!!" It was all I could do not to start crying. He just had that beautiful look of child like innocence on his face. Where he loves his Mommy and all is right in the world because of it. I know that I fail daily but the really beautiful thing about being a CHILD OF THE KING is that I am picked up and WASHED ANEW DAILY AND MY SINS ARE FORGIVEN!!! I know, that I know, that I know that I am absolutely doing the right thing homeschooling my children. This year has been rough but WE HAVE SURVIVED AND WE ARE STRONGER FOR IT!!! I have survived by the GRACE OF GOD ALMIGHTY!!! I know that I am being a good parent because I teach my children about the Lord and I teach them to live by his example. I want to lead by example!!!! The Bible tells us that we are to be part of the world but not in the world. This is a delicate and invisible line to navigate.The Bible also tells us that we are to be salt and light to the world. If we were to grade ourselves, How well are we doing at any of the things we are supposed to be doing?  I want my children to have a relationship with the Lord before anything else. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!
Yes, children are a lot of work and they are really aggravating sometimes but they are only small for a minute, so cherish the beautiful responsibility that we have been blessed with and hold onto it, no matter how you were blessed with it, for dear life. It is fleeting and it lasts only a minute and then they are grown and that beautiful little hand stroking your cheek saying"Mommy, I love you, You would look so pretty wearing this!!" is gone and nothing more than a precious memory. So hold on tight....Children are small only for a minute!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment