Monday, March 25, 2013

My Budding Chefs...

We had a very lazy day Saturday and I let the children fix breakfast. Now don't go into a panic.. My house didn't burn down!!!! I let them make oatmeal in the microwave. I know, I know... I am not a big champion of cooking in the microwave but it is kid proof unless you figure out how to make oatmeal go boom in the microwave but that is another story!!! lol I borrowed a Pampered Chef rice cooker from a dear friend and it has worked wonders making oatmeal in the microwave. My sister who is cringing right now, is screaming at her computer screen"Just make it on top of the stove!!" I have tried for many years to make oey, goey, buttery oatmeal on the stove top to no avail. The first time I tried it in the Pampered Chef rice cooker in the microwave I was hooked.
My children are growing up so fast.. too fast!!! Ron would be proud of them. I am proud of them. It is these impromptu times that you really learn how much they are retaining. You learn a rather humbling lesson sometimes in these quiet moments that GOD allows you to glean... You may teach them but GOD allows them to learn, in all manners of ways!!! GOD IS GOOD!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Kiddos look just like you, huh? LOL Good for them making breakfast! I start them cooking early here. My 8-year-old can make us cooked meals if needed. Last night he and my daughter, 11, made cinnamon French toast and ham with banana slices and Greek yogurt for dinner. Sometimes Mom needs a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jessy, they favor me a lot!! When they were babies, people would say"Did they have a daddy?" lol Actually, this is one of the first meals that I have let them prepare. I am going to start letting my daughter make easier things. My son just has to be in the middle of everything! You are definitely right, Mom needs a break!!

    ReplyDelete