Sunday, March 24, 2013

Phew.. What a day!!

I woke up with a major sinus headache so thus I didn't get to go to church this morning which I hated. The kids went with my brother-in-law and I got at least a few hours to try and recuperate. I felt so overwhelmed this morning. My house is a wreck, I look around and see so much spring cleaning that needs to be done and lessons that need to be thought about. I really miss Ron on days like these. When I get really overwhelmed, I read one of my favorite psalms, which is psalms 62.
 Truly my soul waiteth upon GOD:from him cometh my salvation. This is my favorite part because if my soul truly does wait upon GOD then all will be well. From GOD comes my salvation and when we truly realize this, then all really will be well with our souls.I look around at this old house, at all the things that need to be fixed and all the things I could have if I went back to work full time. I realize that yes monetarily I would be well off if I went back to work full time but spiritually we would be bankrupt. My children need me now. I would miss moments when my son draws something really neat and I wouldn't be there for him to say" Look mom" I would miss the thrill of the children finding worms in the backyard. I truly enjoy teaching my children and being home with them. We may not have much by some peoples standards but we have what we need. GOD always takes care of us and provides.
I am taking today off. I really do try to enjoy Sundays. There is so much that we could be doing but I try to remember that when GOD finished his work, he rested on the seventh day!! When Ron was alive, we would go out in the garden and piddle around. As I get older, I would so much rather be outside in the garden or messing around with the flowers. This is so funny, when I was in my 20's my grandmas where alive and I had all that wealth of knowledge at my fingertips and I could have cared less about such things. Now that I am in the stage of life that it does matter, I don't have them here with me anymore on this earth. We should always treasure what you have when you have it, because you never know when it will be gone.
I love to recycle or find something to be re purposed for something else. I have found some really cool things to be re purposed for my garden. I am on the look out for some really cool ideas for the garden.
What is a neat re purposed item that you have come across lately?
I am going to try and acquire some lawn furniture this year. We have always had a hodgepodge of lawn furniture. I have been looking over pinterest lately for DIY ideas. This is my cup of tea.
I have been doing research on natural remedies for treating Autism and ADHD. Does anyone have any recommendations for herbal remedies to treat Autism symptoms and/or ADHD? I have found out dealing with my son that structure and routine are the  key to keeping him from having meltdowns all the time. He still has plenty but he does have less since I have went to a very structured routine, gluten, dairy  and sugar free diet. We use Truvia for our sugar and have for a long time.
We were watching a movie one day and the main character's husband dies and she sold her house and moved away. My son looked at me and said"Momma, why didn't you sell this house and move away when Daddy died?" I thought about it for a minute and then I said"Well, I see your Daddy everywhere I look in this house. At first that is a painful thing but overtimes, it can be a wonderfully comforting thing to be able to see your Daddy everywhere. If we had left then we would never have gotten to enjoy all the things that your Daddy did for us in this house." My point is, that if you run away from something just because it is painful or it hurts to deal with, then you could lose out on one of the biggest joys of your life!! GOD IS GOOD!! He will provide any time all the time!!!
 


This is Ron when we were first married. I love this picture. I give GOD all the glory for his many blessings!! GOD IS GOOD ANY TIME ALL THE TIME!!!

4 comments:

  1. I did quite a bit of household stuff today - vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, load of laundry, toilets, dishes, organizing - but then the kids started helping me in the utility room with my purging and organizing and the livingroom looks like I never touched it. The kids had fun for 4 hours though. :wink: And the utility room is 85% done! (I am looking through everything to remove things that we would want if we should have to move in the future.)

    I was excited to find my old breadmaker! I had forgotten all about it! It looks brand-new! I stopped using it because the mixing paddle got thrown away, so I ordered a replacement ($5.98 with shipping). Soon I will have 2 and it will save me time on making multiple doughs and breads! It IS the little things, huh?

    Liking the blog changes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have had a busy day!! I will get my blog there eventually!! lol

      Delete
  2. Girl, I feel you on the housework....we are remodeling a bathroom out of necessity and the house is a wreck with sheet rock dust and tools and 2/4's It's pointless to clean until the project is done.
    Love the story about the house. That is so true...I think about that verse in Isaiah that says that GOd turns beauty from ashes...when you have the Lord you have all you need...Comfort and joy when it's light and grace sufficient for the dark times. Love you Sam! You're doing an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Della. That means a lot!! Yes, GOD does provide all we need!!

    ReplyDelete